Last update April 2022
We care about data privacy and security which is why we implore you to carefully read to understand how Alipata company Ltd ("Alipata," "we," "us," "our"), a company incorporated and operating under the Law of the Republic of Uganda. We have our office at BMK Ho plot 2,4 Wampewo Avenue Kololo Kampala. we know you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously.
Kind of Information collected from users
In this Policy,
“Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual
or information that can be used to identify an individual, and includes
“Personal Data” as that term is defined under the GDPR.
Information You Provide To Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly enter on the Services, whether via computer, mobile phone, other wireless device, or that you provide to us in any other way. This information may include Personal Information such as your name, phone numbers, email addresses, photographs or any other information necessary for us to provide our Services. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the Personal Information we receive about you to provide you with the Services and also for purposes such as:
v attempting to authenticate your identity,
v responding to your requests for certain information,
v customising the features that we make available to you,
v suggesting relevant services or products for you to use,
v improving the Services and internal operations (including troubleshooting, testing, and analysing usage),
v communicating with you about new features
v and, most importantly, protecting our users, sending emergency messages we are directed to send to you, and working towards making sure our Services are safer and more secure.
You may modify or remove your Personal Information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your or account information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you use the Services, you may set up your personal profile, send messages, perform searches and queries, and transmit information through various channels as permitted by the functionality of the Services. Alipata will not display your personal contact information to other users without your permission. The information we gather from users enables us to attempt to verify user identity, allows our users to set up a user account and profile through the Services, and helps us personalise and improve our Services. We retain this information to provide the Services to you and our other users and to provide a useful user experience. When you update your information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time in case you need to need to go back to that version
The information we collect automatically may include:
(i) Personal information: Your name, email address, telephone number and/or address. We collect this information automatically in order to allow you to benefit from the services offered on the Website.
(ii) option: Your option and settings such as time zone and language. We collect this information in order to provide you with a personalised experience.
(iii) Searches and other activities: The search terms you have looked up, in order to reach the Website. We collect this information in order to monitor our performance and improve our services.
(iv) Browsing information: How long you used our Services. We collect this information in order to monitor and assess the performance of our services.
(v) Communications: Between you and alipata support staff regarding the Services. We collect this information in order to improve your customer service experience.
How we gathered our user’s information
1.How we collect and store information depends on your visiting page, the activities in which you elect to participate and the services provided. For example, you may be asked to provide information when you register for a User Account.
2. Like most websites, we at alipata also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors and Users. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, or use “cookies” technology to recognize you and hold information from your visit. Among other things, the cookies may store your username and password, sparing you from having to re-enter that information each time you visit, or may control the number of times you encounter a particular part of the Website. As we use additional technologies, we may also gather information through other means. In certain cases, you can choose not to provide us with information.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
· To provide you with quality service and security, to operate the website, to perform our obligations to you and to develop and improve our service. For example, we use personal information to verify your identity. We also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity, provide customer support and contact you from time to time. The information helps us to develop and improve our services, to understand and analyses our performance as well as your preferences and performance and to customize and personalize our service and enhance your experience (including by making reviews or suggestions, etc.).
· To ensure marketplace integrity, prevent fraud and maintain a safe and secure marketplace and services. For example, we use personal information to monitor, track and prevent fraudulent activities and other in website activities, monitor content integrity, conduct security investigations and risk assessments, verify or authenticate information provided by you, enforce our Terms of Service and comply with website laws. We conduct certain behavioral analytics to achieve the above objectives and in limited cases, if we detect activity that we think poses a risk to the alipata website, other users, our community, or third parties, automated processes may restrict or limit your ability to use alipata. If you would like to challenge any such decision,
· To contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise website covered by you or permitted according to this Policy.
· To promote and advertise the website, our services and the alipata services. For example, we use the information collected from you for the purpose of showing you information that may be of interest to you.
· To maintain website business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with website laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
We website a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we will retain your personal information for longer periods of time. We will retain personal information for the following purposes:
· As long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, e.g. so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge; and
· In relation to personal information from closed accounts to comply with website laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our website terms and take other actions as permitted by law.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We share your personal information with third parties as detailed below:
· With Service Providers. We share personal information for business purposes with service providers that provide us with services for the purpose of operating the Website, opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary services and solutions. These include, among others, hosting services, billing and payment processors and vendors. Consistent with website legal requirements, we take website technical and organizational measures to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions;
· For legal reasons. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other parties in order to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it is necessary or website to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Alipata, our customers, or the public;
· For payments and fraud detection. We share personal information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies and similar third parties for the purpose of facilitating payments done via the Website and securing the Website and protecting it against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims or other liabilities;
· With social media partners. Our website includes certain social media features, including single sign on features. We also share limited personal information with such social media platforms, such as Facebook and Google, to promote our services or the Alipata marketplace. Such features and third-party services collect certain information about you and may set a cookie to enable their functionality. Such third parties’ features are governed by their policies.
· In the context of a corporate transaction. Personal information will also be disclosed if we go through a business transition such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of Alipata’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event. In the event that we sell any business or assets, we will disclose your data to the prospective Employer. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
A user of this service must be at least 18-year-old. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from an under-18 user or if we learn that an under-18 user has provided us Personal Information beyond what we request from him or her, we will delete that information as quickly as possible after we have identified it. If you believe that an under-18 user may have provided us Personal Information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at email@example.com
practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (using
the e-mail address specified in your account) or some other means prior to the
change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page
for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If we make material changes to the types of Personal Information we collect or how we use Personal Information collected from under-18 users we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child's Personal Information.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
With your consent
You will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with agents or companies other than alipata and you will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information unless alipata determines that not disclosing this to you prior to your information being shared is necessary to comply with website laws or legal processes or we are prohibited by law or legal processes from informing you in advance.
Alipata is operated, control and administered entirely within the Republic of uganda. If you are accessing alipata Website from another jurisdiction, please be advised that you are transferring your personal information to alipata in the Republic of uganda and, by using the Website, you consent to that transfer and to abide by the applicable laws concerning your use of the Website and your agreements with us.
BMK Ho 2,4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo Kampala. uganda.